Dr. Peter Bak is the Chief Information Officer at Humber River Health. He is responsible for implementing the digital vision, ongoing operations of that vision, driving continuous innovation and transformation, and building the recently founded Humber River Health Research Institute.
With over 30 years of experience in healthcare informatics, IT operations, software development, product commercialization, consulting and executive leadership, Peter has contributed to the Canadian healthcare system in many ways:
- Creating awareness of digital transformation and Command Centres around the world
- Contributing to the Ontario Health Cyber Security framework and resilience implementation
- Influencing the Ontario Health EMR interoperability strategy and implementation
- Driving 100% digital adoption of medical imaging in Canada as part of the Canada Health Infoway team
- Assisting numerous hospitals with imaging and IT strategies
- Lecturing on Technology in Healthcare
Peter has a PhD in applied engineering from Imperial College, London. He has published various papers on health care-related topics. His skill and contribution to the healthcare industry are reflected in his recognition as the Canadian public sector CIO of the Year for 2016.
- Company:Humber River Hospital, Toronto
- Short Bio:Chief Information Officer
- November 29, 2023, 15:15 Innovating Health Environments
- November 29, 2023, 15:00 Innovating Health Environments
October 26, 2017, 09:45
Humber River Hospital’s Intelligent Hospital: Innovative Design, Digital Transformation, and Lessons LearnedPrivate: Innovations for Better Care, Foothills Medical Centre, Calgary