Digital Hospital Conference
December 3, 2015
3:30 am - 12:30 pm
Conference December 3 at Humber River Hospital, The Wilson Site, Auditorium on Level 3
Tour of the NEW Humber River Hospital immediately following the conference
Welcome Reception, December 2nd (Optional)
CCHF invites you to learn from the hospital leaders, industry partners and project experts, how technology innovations are being integrated and planned to improve care, quality, workflow, and safety in new and existing builds. The complexity and speed of evolving information technology, medical and non-medical innovations poses new challenges and opportunities in improving patient centred care. For hospital administrators, clinical leads and the experts planning, designing and constructing facilities this means new ways of collaborating, integrating services and programs, planning for the unplanned, and yet to be designed solutions, while managing budgets under pressure. Join us for a very informative day to learn about these cutting-edge technologies, approaches for integration and how they are transforming healthcare facilities.
1) Guest speaker, Dr. Ivar Mendez a pioneer of the first long distance telementoring neurosurgery, will be sharing his global experiences of clinical technology advancements, the future of technologies in providing care and their impact on designing hospitals.
2) Hospital leaders and technology innovators sharing case studies on information, communication and automation technologies (ICAT), the innovative responses in healthcare facility design to improve functional programs, workflow, and their care and efficiency.
3) Lean, Green. Digital. Following the conference, a tour of Humber River Hospital’s newly opened Wilson Site, highlighting key design and technology innovation features, including: smart bed technology, robotic technologies for certain surgical procedures, automated laboratory processing, automated guided vehicles that deliver medical supplies and bedside computer screens that allow patients to control their own environments.
At this event, the audience plays an important role in advancing the discussion and understanding. Our audience is comprised of healthcare leaders and multi-disciplinary experts that provide expertise to the healthcare facility sector. Please join us for our Toronto winter session!
- Cutting edge case studies in innovative integration in digital design and facility design at Humber River Hospital and Mackenzie Health
- Learn how surgery care is being transformed from the leading neurosurgeon in Canada, Dr. Ivar Mendez
- Learn about the Ontario Government’s new Health System Funding Reform and its impact on hospital facilities
- Describe the efficiencies of a connected enterprise that ties together data and voice networks with physical security and building automation systems
- Get a global perspective on design innovations and how to design more effective, reliable and smart facilities
Venue: Humber River Hospital
Venue Phone: 416-242-1000
Venue Website: hrh.caAddress:
The Conference will be held at the new Humber River Hospital – Wilson Site – Auditorium on Level 3, which is located at 1235 Wilson Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M3M 0B2. It is easily accessible by car with ample parking available. To plan your route to our hospital please use the Google Map below. For public transit options please scroll down.
HRH Phone: 416-242-1000
How do I get there by car?
From the 401:
Take Highway 401 to Keele Street North. Off Keele St. take either Sir William Hearst Drive or Wilson Avenue westbound.
The hospital will be visible just west of Keele Street, located between Petherhill Road (west side of hospital) and Morton Shulman Avenue (east side of hospital).
Take Wilson Avenue west of Keele St. Turn onto either Petherhill Road (west side of hospital) or Morton Shulman Avenue (east side of hospital).
Off Keele Street just north of Highway 401, take either William Hearst Drive or Wilson Avenue westbound.