Rita Mezei is Executive Director at the Canadian Centre for Healthcare Facilities. As a founding Board member, Rita has brought together key networks in the healthcare facility sector to share in the CCHF vision of improving healthcare environments through networking, research and collaboration. She develops strategy, partnerships and programs and oversees the day to day operations of the association working with Board members and other leaders in the healthcare field. CCHF is continually working to continue dialogue through our informal networks and would love to get your feedback and ideas. She loves growing organizations to help them achieve their best journeys.
Rita has over 20 years of experience working in national, not-for-profit associations. As Project Manager at the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) she led the development of healthcare facility standards working with technical experts to develop consensus documents including, CSA Z8000 ‘Canadian Healthcare Facilities – Design, Construction and Renovation’ among other healthcare and public safety standards. She also directed advocacy programs at Sickkid’s hospital’s national injury prevention program – SAFEKIDS.
Rita also worked for consulting firms in management and business development capacities. Rita obtained a Master’s of Science degree in Urban Planning from the University of Toronto and a Bachelor of Arts degree (Honours) in Political Science from McMaster University.
- Company:Canadian Centre for Healthcare Facilities
- Short Bio:Executive Director & co-Founder
- May 8, 2023, 08:45 Protected: Optimizing Healing Environments for Vulnerable & Underserved Patients
- May 12, 2022, 11:00 Protected: Decarbonizing Healthcare – Making it Real
- May 24, 2019, 08:30 Private: Optimizing Planning, Design and the Build for Better Care
- May 23, 2019, 08:45 Private: Optimizing Planning, Design and the Build for Better Care
- October 27, 2017, 11:20 Private: Innovations for Better Care, Foothills Medical Centre, Calgary
- May 15, 2017, 08:45 Private: Transforming Healthcare Environments, Ottawa
- November 29, 2016, 08:45 Private: Leading Edge Healthcare Environments, New Oakville Hospital
- October 27, 2016, 15:15 Private: Innovations Transforming Healthcare Environments, Edmonton
- June 1, 2016, 09:00\ Private: Innovative Technology and Design for Improving Care, Vancouver
- October 16, 2015, 8:40 Private: Keys to Healthcare Design, St. John’s
- October 16, 2015, 16:20 Private: Keys to Healthcare Design, St. John’s