With over 25 years of experience, Michael Keen is recognized as a leader in healthcare infrastructure and development of the built environment of care. As Vice-President & Chief Planning Officer at Unity Health Toronto, he provides corporate leadership for the development and implementation of strategic capital plans. In this capacity, he currently leads over $750 million in redevelopment as well as a significant renewal of inpatient, outpatient and surgical programs.
Additionally, Michael has been a champion for positive transformational change and continuous quality improvement for over 25 years in healthcare standards. As a member of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Standards Development Council he provides leadership in the role of Chair of the Strategic Steering Committee for Health & Well-Being. Furthermore, Michael is also a faculty member in the education of Healthcare Facility Planning & Design and has overseen research projects to inform evidence-based decision-making, in essence supporting his commitment to system learning.
Internationally, Michael was past chair of the Healthcare Technical Committee at the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) and the inaugural chair of the infectious diseases committee.
- Company:Unity Health Toronto
- Short Bio:Vice-President & Chief Planning Officer
- November 28, 2023, 09:00 Innovating Health Environments
- November 29, 2022, 14:30 Protected: Reconnecting, redesigning and rebuilding
- November 30, 2021, 15:25 Protected: Silver Linings from COVID & Future Design
November 30, 2021, 11:50 ET
Flexible Facility Infrastructure Planning: a crucial tool in the COVID response, Unity Health, TorontoProtected: Silver Linings from COVID & Future Design
- November 30, 2021, 11:00 ET Protected: Silver Linings from COVID & Future Design